I know a rich Luo man who married two sisters, has a full-time girl friend and two or three part-time squeeze on the side. Consequently, I assume that a proper ratio for this tribe should be at least 5 women per man. Actually, the Luos are not the only polygamist tribe in Kenya.
However, since in Kenya tourism is a big industry and ex-rainbow party man Odinga is no longer interested in the pink Pound and the pink Dollar, he can rectify the insanity which other tourists may have to suffer:
- Lighting up a fag (cigarette) outside or in a private cars can get you a maximum 3 years stay in jail or a US $46,000 fine. That’s in a country where the average person makes less than $2.50 per day.
- Relaxing with an alcoholic drink by the pool bar while your children play around can attract a fine of US $2,000.
- You need a permit to make noise in a private house for New Year.
- Wildlife safaris are dangerous due to bloody infighting with poachers and game wardens. You have to dodge rogue elephants and bullets.
- The flamingos are no longer pink because the lakes are polluted and they have been marginalized by Odinga who thinks of them as sissies.
- You sneeze without a handkerchief and your fine is 3 months behind bars or $30.
- It is illegal to swear or make rude public gesture in Kenya. You can try when you have been conned but then the police will probably badly bruise you.
I am sure that some pro-active , right-minded gay organizations can post the information on all travel brochures to Kenya, Tourist Bureau and even Kenya Airways.
By the way, can someone tell me if it is legal to have a drink, like a pink rosé, in Kenya Airways while they have children on board?
- Kenya leader: Homosexuals ‘should be arrested’ (msnbc.msn.com)
- Kenya ‘gay crackdown’ criticised (bbc.co.uk)